Sunday, June 15, 2008

About me....


I was born and raised in the Caribbean Island of Puerto Rico, where my extended family influenced my early interest in the arts of embroidery, sewing, and jewelry making.

I received a degree in history from the University of Puerto Rico, but after graduation turned to the private study of fashion and design. I took many classes with noted Puerto Rican fashion designer Carlota Alfaro before shifting my attention to jewelry. I became a apprentice to jewelry designer Jeannette Fossas and master goldsmith Angel Vicens, both of which encouraged me to launch my line in late 2003.

Drawing upon the timeless beauty of ancient jewelry for inspiration I developed a stylish line which is a blend of the ancient art and contemporary fashion. I called line Fevi Reyes and it is designed and crafted with the utmost attention to detail. The entire collection is handmade and with the intent that you can collect and cherish them for a generation to come.

Apart from my jewelry design I am a full time mom and wife. I have two boys ages 5 and 8 they are my true jewels; I am also blessed with a very supportive and loving husband.

We recently moved from San Juan, Puerto Rico, to Fort Lauderdale Florida, where I just opened my new showroom and workshop.

1 comment:

THE WORLD ACCORDING TO JEN said...

congratulations on your blog page...it's beautiful and so is what I've seen so far of your jewlery. I love the Koi...I want one.

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a fabulous comment.

xoxo