Saturday, April 9, 2011

My Stain Removal Tip!





Look closely and you can see the stains
I've already noticed that I am the go to girl between my girlfriends.  They have a problem or fashion emergency they, call me!  "Fevi where can I find these boots, dress or bags? " "Fevi I need to clean my jewels how do I do it?" " Fevi  I got a grease stain on my favorite dress can I remove it or should I send it to the cleaners?"  Well that's why I started documenting these tips. So that when they need them and now you. Can look it up in my blog.

 This time Tracy called with a grease stain and here is what I recommended.Oh! and  three months later Camille called me for the same thing. So girls here it is. I clean all protein stains from my garments with DAWN no other DAWN so for grease stains first you sprinkle some baby powder,  let the powder suck up the grease.  Later you put Dawn dish washing soap on the stain and let it do it's magic at least for one hour.

Soak the garment in cold water for another 30 min and check the stain.   Hang dry. Don't put the garment on the dryer because if the stain is still their you can repeat  the process. If you use the dryer the stain will set with the heat and then that a whole other project. Here is Tracy's dress.


Add baby powder to stain and let it soak up grease.


Add Dawn liquid soap to stain.
Soak
Clean Garment Voila!
Hope this helps.I use this method for wine stains, dirt blood, baby poop (lol) this last one was the worst  kind. But all my baby's linen and garments and the ones I wanted to save for my second child were like, never used.

 For other stains like pen ink I use hair spray let it dry and add the my miracle find Dawn and follow the same process. I would love to hear your comments, also if you have any tips or trick let us know. Well, keep me posted!

2 comments:

Ouidad Blog said...

Great tips, Fevi. Dare I ask how to get a red wine stain out of my carpet? ;-)

Katie for Ouidad

Fevi Reyes said...

Thank You! Try baking soda,hydrogen peroxide and Dawn. Let it sit for a while and scrub with a brush. Later wipe it down with a wet towel. Let me know how it works for you. Would love to see pics.