Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tightly Bonded!!! Warning It's A Bit Sexy!

When designing jewelry I am inspired by a woman's femininity and sensuality.  I love to use ancient metalworking techniques I've learned over the years.  Always incorporating my historian background and my everyday life.  This gives my designs a special character and individuality  My brother has been in Japan for the last three years as I became curious with Japanese culture and reading about it last year when I was planning the collection. The world became obsessed  with "Fifty Shades of Grey" and totally by chance my collection was ready to be revealed.  I was ecstatic by the fact that people would finally understand where I was coming from and be able to see the beauty in this art.  I was fusing the erotic art of bondage into feminine yet very  powerful jewelry pieces. 

The Collection was very inspired by the art of Kinbaku-bi which means  " the beauty of tight biding." or better known since the 90's as Shibari (meaning to tie or to bind).  Shibari is a Japanese style of bondage or BDSM which involves tying up a person with simple yet intricate patterns using rope hemp or linen. The allusion is to retrain the captive (submissive, person who relinquishes their control voluntary for the outcome of pleasure).  I used metal, leather, rope-like chains and stones to presume my design perspective into my jewelry pieces. As well as shaping the pieces in curvaceous shapes to emulate the shape of the human body.

The Collection is available by special order to the public.  For wholesale inquiries contact us at fevi@fevireyes.com 
                                                                      Inspiration
                                                                        Link Credit




The Pieces
                                                               www.fevireyes.com

No comments: